Thank you for visiting our site as you look for a new family member! Here are a few of policies we have on behalf of the dogs we save.
- Paws for Genesis reserves the right to refuse placement of any animal for any reason. The well-being and safety of the animal comes first.
- Adopters are required to attend training classes with their new dog. This can be waived if you're an experienced dog owner.
- The application is the first step in the adoption process and doesn't guarantee an adoption. There may be other applicants for the same dog, in which case we will determine the best fit for the dog.
- All adults of the household must be in agreement before adopting a dog, and must be at the home visit to meet the potential new family member, as well as any current dogs.
- Renting or live with an HOA? We'll need a copy of the lease or association agreement at the time of your home visit.
- Misrepresentations on an application will automatically disqualify you from adoption.
- We do not adopt animals as gifts.
- All of our dogs must be spayed or neutered. Most of our dogs should go into their new homes already spayed/neutered, if this isn't possible for some reason the adoption will be contingent on the completion of the operation. If adopters violate this term Paws for Genesis will reclaim the dog.
Paws for Genesis is looking for forever homes for our rescue dogs. As such we require that once in an adopter's care Paws for Genesis dogs are allowed to dwell indoors, are given all needed medical care including heartworm preventatives and flea/tick treatments, all nutritional needs are met, and are treated with love and care for the rest of their lives. This can be a 15+ year commitment and shouldn't be taken lightly.
Returning a dog
While Paws for Genesis will do everything we can to make sure our dogs go to the perfect homes, sometimes things don't work out. If for whatever reason you can't continue to care for your Paws for Genesis dog, please contact us. We can do our best to help (if the situation allows) or you can return your dog to us. Adoption fees are non-refundable in most cases. An adopter may NOT turn their Paws for Genesis dog into a shelter, or rehome on their own.